Mercenaries! Today, we ‘d like to wish you a Happy New Year and share our vision of Hired Ops future. We have dedicated a lot of time and effort to fixing bugs after the launch a year ago, and our wish to perfect the game led us to idea of redesigning it from the scratch. And that’s exactly what we’ve been doing last few months! And now we’re ready to share what has been done and what will be done in the immediate future!
- New character development - now you have more than one contractor, and each of them can be trained separately;
- Completely redesigned skill system: a separate set of combat skills for every class, increased overall number of skills, but limited number of simultaneously available skills;
- Added contractor class system with every class having its own set of available weapons;
- Game modes have been thoroughly reconfigured, we attempted to improve the tactical component of gameplay while retaining the high action dynamics;
- A recap of all maps, many of the old maps (including night modes) that are no longer popular will be removed from the game, whereas other will be entirely redesigned, and many new maps will be introduced;
- Added new game mechanics like weapon pickup, several grenade types and mines;
- Ntegration of Steam inventory into game economy;
- Voice chat;
- Reworked shooting mechanics - weapon behavior made more realistic;
- Added 4 class models for every faction;
- Performed general game optimization (performance and traffic).
We are intending to restart Hired Ops till the end of 2018 winter season and hope you will evaluate the scale and quality of the dramatic game changes really soon!